Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Coffee-Lovin' Literary Bird ......

With every thing I've crafted using vintage dictionary pages, from the Steampunk tree, to the Christmas stars, and the Candy Canes, I guess there's just no point in stopping there. Seems that any surface that's glue-able should have equal opportunity for the ephemera treatment.


I realize that book page eggs is very much a Been-There-Done-That concept, but that didn't stop me. It wouldn't be such a ubiquitous crafting project if it wasn't so easy, fun, and aesthetically-pleasing. About the only way to vary the design is the direction of the word strips, and how you display the eggs. 

So I chose to glue the sentences lengthwise, and I displayed the eggs in an old rusty coffee can with excelsior. Charming, right?


I made these using plastic eggs, and used wood glue because I like that it doesn't dry clear, giving the old paper more patina. I also prefer using these very old, browned pages because A) they are already a divine old color, and B) they tear into strips easily, making the edges soft & rustic, rather than cutting crisp edges with scissors. And what's more rustic than farm-fresh eggs?


Tomorrow I will post my most interesting (and most fun) egg project.

Until then....

2 comments:

  1. I love using book pages and your eggs have sparked some ideas for me. No kidding, I've used them to make coordinated storage for my craft room including boxes, clocks, jars and big letters. Now I need to make some of these eggs because yours look so wonderful. I might become a real pest!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thanks for providing all this information. Your blog is quite informative in this manner. Furthermore, I would like to share with you the click counter tool. For those who play games, a fast clicking speed is crucial for winning.You can test your clicking speed at different time intervals ,CPS calculator is an online tool for testing click speed.To improve your speed, I recommend practicing CPS Techniques before playing games.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...