Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Isn't she lovely....Isn't she wonderful.

My special treasure of the week. Acquired at the thrift store after a boring estate sale.


Stunning scroll design, gilt bronze or brass, with incredible punched details in the metal. 


Topaz colored gemstones, she's missing one chaton on the lid, which I think I can easily remedy with a search on Etsy.


Still has the chain attached for latch.


She's a precious, petite jewelry casket, measuring only 3" long by 2-1/4" wide, and has a sticker on the bottom "Made in Western Germany".

I really bought this with the intention of selling it, but I am admiring it more and more every day. It doesn't help that I can't find anything like it in my research so far, to establish a value. So until that day, she will mingle with my antique German alarm clocks, where she looks very much at home. :)


1 comment:

  1. Quite the glamourous 'casket' -- I think I need to stalk you at thrift stores so I figure out how you find this stuff!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...